VNAA Webinar, Teleconferences, Meeting Archives
*Please be patient, files are large and may take some time to download, especially the audio and video files. Members must be logged-in to download these presentations.*
(PLS) - stands for VNAA Professional Lecture Series (PLS)
($) - stands for cost associated
(FREE) - means there is no cost associated with participating
(Members-Only) - means only VNAA members can attend
- June 28 - Byram Healthcare Program (VNAA Members Only)- Free
Thursday, June 28, 2012 at 3:30 p.m. EDT (12:30 p.m. PDT), VNAA Associate Member, Byram Healthcare, along with their partner Bayer Diabetes Care invited interested VNAA members to a special Webinar to learn more about a diabetes program that will support OASIS C (M2250) requirements on diabetes foot care and fill the need for the agency's continuity of care requirement for The Joint Commission.
- Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 2 3 p.m. EDT (11 a.m. 12 p.m. PDT): ($) (PLS)
Mary McGoldrick will present "Reducing the Risk of Transporting Bed Bugs in Home Care and Hospice." This Webinar will provide an overview of approaches to detecting bed bugs in patient's homes, and discuss strategies that home health and hospice staff can take to prevent the transmission of bed bugs. All staff are at risk to spread Bed Bugs from patient to patient and to their own home. Be sure to attend this program to learn best practices to keeping your patients safe from Bed Bugs.
- VNAA Hospice Roundtable - June 21, 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. EDT (12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. PDT).
The agenda will include a discussion of the following topics: 1) Review of the VNAA Survey responses on waste, fraud and abuse for a letter to be submitted to the Senate Finance Committee; and 2) Review of recent discussion with Kim Neuman, of MedPAC, at the Annual Meeting and planning for meetings with CMS in conjunction with the Public Policy Leadership Conference in September.
- Member Outreach Call on Waste, Fraud and Abuse Teleconference - VNAA Members Only
Tuesday, June 5, 2012, 2 3 p.m. EDT (11 a.m. 12 p.m. PDT)
Senate Finance Committee has asked for recommendations on how to reduce waste, fraud and abuse. VNAA has two policy documents with multiple recommendations from members on home health and hospice. But new member input is needed to identify emerging issues and prioritize recommendations.
- Who Can Attend?: All VNAA Members. This was a member-driven teleconference.
- Speakers: Bob Wardwell, a regulatory expert and former CMS official led the discussion assisted by Neleen Rubin, strategy consultant and former Senate Finance Committee member. Kathleen Sheehan, Vice President of Public Policy moderated.
- Cost: There was no cost to participate but registration was required.
- Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 2 – 3 p.m. EDT (11 a.m. – 12 p.m. PDT):
Sue Payne presented Innovations in Home Health: ED U Turn Initiative. Sue Payne, of Advanced Home Care presents innovative approaches in working with hospital ED in preventing "preventable hospitalizations" as well as developing a new referral source from the ED to home care agencies.
- Miss this Webinar?: Not a problme, this PLS is still available for you and your staff to view on your own time, simply email Eileen Grande at [email protected] and she can help you pay the small fee and access this outstanding educational Webinar.
- VNAA 30th Annual Meeting in Phoenix, AZ - May 2-4, 2012 - $ - Open to All
Thanks for joining us in Phoenix on May 2-4, 2012, to celebrate the VNAA's 30th Annual Meeting.
The VNAA Annual Meeting is the premier event for nonprofit home healthcare and hospice providers from across the country. With parallel priorities to be both mission and performance driven organizations, nonprofit, community-based home healthcare and hospice providers seek to achieve organizational excellence that enables financial health and patient care service, which results in superior patient outcomes. Join other nonprofit home healthcare and hospice leaders to learn how to strike the balance between mission and performance driven objectives.
- Missed it? View photos, recaps, download presentations and more - click here.
- If you missed this year's meeting we hope to see you at the 2013 Annual Meeting!
- Integrating Holistic Modalities in Pain Management
April 24, 2012, 2 - 3:15 p.m. EDT (11 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. PDT) - (PLS) - $ - Open to All
Susan Luck presented Integrating Holistic Modalities in Pain Management. This session explored up-to-date holistic therapy approaches in pain management for home health and hospice patients.
- "The Benefits of a Comprehensive Dementia Program for Home Health and Hospice"
Feb. 7, 2012 - $ - (PLS) - Open to All
On Tuesday, February 7, 2012, from 2:00 - 3:15 p.m. EDT (11 a.m. - 12:15 PST) VNAA hosted its first clinical Professional Lecture Series Webinar entitled, "The Benefits of a Comprehensive Dementia Program for Home Health and Hospice."
This program fulfilled the following objectives:
Presenting Faculty: Dr. Maribeth Gallagher, Director of the Dementia Program at VNAA Member Hospice of the Valley
- The participant will be able to discuss data that support the need for creation of dementia programs to serve the needs of patients with advanced dementia and their families.
- The participant will be able to describe the current barriers to palliative dementia care and negative outcomes that result from aggressive approaches to care.
- The participant will be able to explain the steps taken to implement an interdisciplinary home health and palliative dementia care approach to enhance outcomes for patients, families, staff and organizations.
Date: February 7, 2012
Time: 2:00 - 3:15 p.m. EDT (11 a.m. - 12:15 PST)
CNE: This 75 minute program is approved for 1.25 CNEs
Miss This PLS? What to Still Hear it? Contact Eileen Grande at [email protected]
- "Time Management for Clinicians" - Jan. 31, 2012 - $ - (PLS) - Open to ALL -
On Tuesday, Jan. 31, 2012, from 2:00 - 3:15 p.m. EDT (11 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. PST) VNAA hosted "Time Management for Clinicians" the first Professional Lecture Series Webinar business program geared towards the middle level manager. Effective managers benefited from learning how to better manage their time on and off the job. This Webinar provided practical pointers that make a substantial difference in both business and personal performance.
During this 75 minute session, participants learned how tol:
- Review the basics of time management;
- Apply the 'urgent vs. important principle';
- Learn how to balance managing people and projects;
- Learn how to control their time by identifying time wastes; and
- Learn how to create new habits for planning, prioritizing and accomplishment.
- Presenting Faculty: Nancy Colter, principal of Nancy Colter Consulting, LLC
- Date: January 31, 2012
- Time: 2:00 - 3:15 p.m. EDT (11 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. PST) (This Webinar program will be 75 minutes.
- Miss This PLS? What to Still Hear it? Contact Eileen Grande at [email protected]
- Care Innovations Summit - January 26, 2012 (CMS Hosted Event) - $
The Center for Medicare & Medicaid Innovation is co-hosting the first ever Care Innovations Summit, an HCI-DC event, on January 26, 2012, in Washington, DC in collaboration with the Office of the National Coordinator at HHS, The West Wireless Health Institute, and Health Affairs to facilitate dialogue and drive action towards the three-part aim: learning, networking, and partnership. Care innovation projects across the country will be showcased that are enabling achievement of the three-part aim. Forty (40) or more innovators will be selected to present their work. Learn more about how to present at the Care Innovation Summit. It will bring together leading innovators from inside and outside the healthcare industry to allow for knowledge sharing, matchmaking, and engagement to drive transformation of the healthcare system. Opening and plenary remarks to be delivered by national thought leaders, senior government officials and visionary innovators. These featured sessions will allow you to learn about the latest opportunities for collaboration and partnership.
- (This is not a VNAA-hosted event
- VNAA Financial Managers Interest Group (FMG) Teleconference - January 11, 2012 - (FREE for VNAA Members)
The Financial Managers Group had their their first conference call of the year on Jan. 11, 2012, at 3:00-4:00 p.m. EST. (12:00 - 1:00 p.m. PST). Proposed topics for discussion included:
- Legislative and Regulatory Update:
- Final PPS Rules and Impact for 2012
- RAC Audits
- CMS Prepayment Review Demonstration
- Roundtable discussion of 2011 Financial Impact:
- Discussion of F2F impact
- Change in Operating Income from 2010 to 2011
- Discussion of countering decreased PPS reimbursement
- Importance of accurate Cost Reports for 2011
- Discussion of cost reports and resurrection of member benchmark