2015 CAHPS Hospice Survey
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is preparing for the January 2015 launch of the Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS) Hospice Survey, which measures and assesses the experiences of patients who died while receiving hospice care, as well as the experiences of their informal primary caregivers.
Hospice Item Set
All Medicare-certified hospices are required to complete and submit a Hospice Item Set (HIS) Admission record and a HIS-Discharge record for patient admissions on or after July 1, 2014.
HIS record completion and submission is ongoing according to these timeframes:
- Hospices have 14 days from admission to complete HIS-Admission records and 7 days from discharge to complete HIS-Discharge records.
- Hospices have 30 days from a patient admission or discharge to submit the appropriate HIS record for that patient.
- CMS Hospice Announcement: Completion and Submission Timeframes for Hospice Item Set Records
- Hospice Item Set (HIS) Record Submission Begins
- CMS Finalizes Hospice Item Set
- HIS Data Collection Training Video Now Available
- CMS Announces Important Deadlines for Hospice Quality Reporting Program
- CMS Releases New Hospice Item Set Fact Sheet, Plans Training Sessions for 2014
- CMS Provides Hospice Item Set Update
- FY 2014 Final Rule for Medicare Hospice Wage Index, Payment and Quality Measures
- Additional New Quality Measures for Home Health & Hospice Beginning in 2015
- CMS to Launch CAHPS Hospice Survey in January 2015
- USA Today Examines Home Visit Fraud in Michigan; VNAA Member Responds
- HHS Posts Grant Opportunity for Maternal, Infant and Early Childhood Home Visiting Program
- CMS Updates Items in CAHPS Hospice Survey